Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye Cliff
It is with tremendous sorrow that I must share the passing of our dear friend Cliff Chappell.

Cliff's wife contacted me yesterday and told me that he recently got very sick and passed away on November 16th. I don't know what happened beyond that but I know Cliff was not very old.

Although we never met in person, Cliff was a great friend to me over the years and made monumental contributions to the AX84 project. As my interest in amp building waned, we didn't keep in touch as often in recent years, sometimes touching base only a couple of times a year. Unfortunately, we didn't manage to get our annual catch-up email in this year before he left.

I'm asking for additional prayers for his family in this terrible time. If I hear any other details, I will share them with you.

Sincerely,

Chris
Sad news. Thanks for your contributions Cliff
Very sad indeed. He was not active anymore here by the time I joined this community but his influence on my designs has been huge.

I think now is finally the time to finally build an October in tribute to his contribution to the DIY amp community!

I know what his family is going through. My father passed away on November 2nd. It makes the holidays a bittersweet time for sure. My prayers are with them.
Quote:No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind.

John Donne, Meditation XVII

Rest in Peace, Cliff. I have missed you and will miss you all the more.

Stephen
Cliff helped me learn an awful lot when I first got started and I have built a couple amps with transformer sets from him too. Rest in peace good Sir.
This is incredibly sad news, and Cliff will be sorely missed. His designs, layouts, and builds were a major source of inspiration for me. His obituary is here: http://pat-h-foley-company.tributes.com/...-105499627
Wow! Cliff will be missed for certain.

I have not been around AX84 for a couple of years beyond
brief stints but I remember some email exchanges where
Cliff helped me with my amp projects.

He was from Houston where I live and we both had been to
same stores for our supplies though our paths never crossed
in real world.

Cliff will be missed.
Wow - so sad to hear this. I built a Comanchero from his plans and got the transformers from him - dealing with him was a pleasure as he was such nice person.

Rest in Peace Cliff !
I haven't been around in here in recent years. I don't even remember what happened to cause me to leave, but whatever it was, it wasn't worth it. Really sorry to hear this news. I had a lot of respect for Cliff, whatever our differences may have been. He surely did a lot more for this community than most. Perhaps I forgot about AX84 for a few years, but I didn't forget about him, and I won't. RIP brother.
So sorry to hear this. We emailed back & forth a few times over the years. Super generous and personable guy. He gave me an empty 1x12 cab he built that was taking up room in his garage. I built a lot of amps using that cab, and still use it today. Rest in Peace, Cliff.