Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reticon SAD1024 BBD-chip... what to do with it?
I have an old DOD Flanger 640 that I have not had any use for. It sucks tone really bad in bypass mode, is in poor condition in general (covered in sticky duct tape goo...)

I opened it yesterday to see which BBD it uses, and it has the Reticon SAD1024, which I know are pretty rare and expensive these days.

I don't really feel like restoring the pedal, I thought about maybe converting it to true bypass and changing the electrolytics etc... but and I'm not a big fan of flanging sounds in general and this unit in particular.

But the SAD1024 seems too cool of a chip to leave in the pedal. So my question is, if anyone is aware of any cool analog delay circuits I could build around it? Chorus would be an option too, but I find I use delays more often.

Thanks!
Quote:On 09/27/2014 @ 01:19, EeroNiemela wrote :
I have an old DOD Flanger 640 that I have not had any use for. It sucks tone really bad in bypass mode, is in poor condition in general (covered in sticky duct tape goo...)
:
: I opened it yesterday to see which BBD it uses, and it has the Reticon SAD1024, which I know are pretty rare and expensive these days.
:
: I don't really feel like restoring the pedal, I thought about maybe converting it to true bypass and changing the electrolytics etc... but and I'm not a big fan of flanging sounds in general and this unit in particular.
:
: But the SAD1024 seems too cool of a chip to leave in the pedal. So my question is, if anyone is aware of any cool analog delay circuits I could build around it? Chorus would be an option too, but I find I use delays more often.
:
: Thanks!
--

I don't think you can have a reasonable length delay with it. Chances are high a chorus or a flanger are the only things you can build with it.

Kursad
Electric mistress